Thursday, August 30, 2007
Snapdragon challenge quilt
Well hello. I know you have all been anxiously awaiting all my cool stuff. Yeah right. But I am finally posting my latest piece. It is a snapdragon piece for the flower power challenge. Once everyone has their quilts in, they will have an online gallery showing. I will send you the link when it is up and running!
I created it on hand painted fabric. I created the flowers out of cotton face pad cleaners. I dyed them and then sewed around the edges to get the wavy look. I used fibers to create the stems and leaves. Then beaded the background with various flowers. I also fused dyed dryer sheets onto the background to create poppys. I added detail with thread, fabric crayons and colored pencil. Let me know what you think!!