Friday, April 25, 2008

Trees Revisited





When I did my tree series, it did not match the idea in my head. My results were very disappointing. So I put them off to the side for a while and worked on one of the many other projects I have in the hopper. Inspiration seems to strike me at the craziest times. This time came as I was falling asleep. I thought about adding color to the backgrounds!! Well I did do that and was still not happy. The next night as I was falling asleep, I thought what about black trees? Black would make the pieces pop. So off I went to create black trees over the colored tree fabric. I have to say, I am much happier!! I used black textile paint and aloe vera gel to create a paste.





Of course we always have stuff left over and I hate to waste good paint so I started a few more using black paint first! I also dug out a commercial stencil to try out some different ideas. I will play with them today and post later.

No comments: