So finally getting back on track. I have actually finished my June TIF way ahead of schedule!!
The first is my May TIF and I went with the color scheme. I needed teachers gifts for the kids and decided to combine the two projects. Patrick's teacher is getting remarried over the summer so I thought a photo album would be nice. But a black and boring album would not work. So I made a cover for it using my new sewing machine!!
I free motion quilted the entire surface to give it a loose floral feeling. The cut it to size to fit the book. The window was cut out and I satin stitched around the border. His teacher was thrilled - or so Patrick told me.
This one if for Madelyn's teacher. She is going for a double masters and has a few years left of school. She likes organization and notes and paper - I think. So I bought the padfolio and created a cover out of fabric on hand, thread from my stash and even the backing fabric. I used felt for the batting. I love how it turned out.
The yarns were couched on to create more texture and it was also from my fiber stash. She is getting her gift this morning as I just finished it yesterday afternoon!