Friday, May 4, 2007

Devil is in the Details





Hello,
I just realized that I haven't posted a picture of one of the latest quilts I have finished. It was an answer to a challenge in the Quilting Arts Magazine. There were four phrases to choose from and devils in the details just jumped out at me. It looks like a rather simple little quilt at first glance. Then you notice the colors and you move in for a closer look. Then you see that the bark is actually millions of little stitches in various shades to help add texture to the trees. As you look closer, you will finally notice the tiny little ant walking across the leaf. I thought this perfectly fit the idea of devil in the details since it is the very small little things that make the overall piece a success.
Hope you like it. Feel free to drop me a line or comment.
Patty

No comments: